Language [en][el]

THE CASTLE OF THE KNIGHTS

Blog Articles
The medieval Castle of the Knights, also known as the Castle of Neratzia, was built by the Knights of the Order of Saint John, right in the center of Kos’ harbor, to protect the town from imminent Ottoman attacks.
The knights were occupying the island, together with the rest of the Dodecanese, since 1315, and it took them about 130 years to construct the castle, finally completing it in 1514. It was built with local stone and with various parts of ancient ruins. One can observe on the structure many blazons, columns, bases, and architraves from the remains of the old city, as well as the Asclepeion.
                        
ANGELA HOTEL KOS
48 Veriopoulou str, 85300, Kos Greece
Phone: +30 22420 27196,
E-mail: info@angelahotel-kos.com
E-mail: reservation@angelahotel-kos.com
FOLLOW US
© 2024 ANGELA HOTEL KOS. All rights reserved.